Bootstrappers are extending their runway with a new type of funding.
The GP, Tyler Tringas, told us what types of companies he's looking to invest in:
- Organic customer acquisition channels
- Low levels of structural churn (ready to stay customers for a long period of time)
- Founder is a good fit
- Product launched and has revenue
- In a space that Tyler feels comfortable with
- Underground gangsters cave in Austin, TX
- Article: New forms of funding for bootstrappers
- Buffer buying out investors
- DHH on Earnest Capital
- Indie VC: companies we invest in grow way faster
- DHH tweet on paying meager salaries
- Earnest Capital
- Tyler Tringas' introductory blog post
- YouTube Livestream
- Tiny Seed Fund
What do you think?
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on Tung.fm
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
Thanks to our Patreon supporters:
- Samori Augusto - thebicrowd.com
- Mike Walker
- Brad (from Canada)
- Darby Frey
- Kevin Markham
- Adam Duvander
- Dave Giunta
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2019? 37signals did it in 2004, and since then thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build & launch their new product: Transistor.fm.