Bootstrappers are extending their runway with a new type of funding.
The GP, Tyler Tringas, told us what types of companies he's looking to invest in:
- Organic customer acquisition channels
- Low levels of structural churn (ready to stay customers for a long period of time)
- Founder is a good fit
- Product launched and has revenue
- In a space that Tyler feels comfortable with
- Underground gangsters cave in Austin, TX
- Article: New forms of funding for bootstrappers
- Buffer buying out investors
- DHH on Earnest Capital
- Indie VC: companies we invest in grow way faster
- DHH tweet on paying meager salaries
- Earnest Capital
- Tyler Tringas' introductory blog post
- YouTube Livestream
- Tiny Seed Fund
What do you think?
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on Tung.fm
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
Thanks to our Patreon supporters:
- Samori Augusto - thebicrowd.com
- Mike Walker
- Brad (from Canada)
- Darby Frey
- Kevin Markham
- Adam Duvander
- Dave Giunta
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.