A lot of business owners have a hard time sleeping; what can be done about it?
- Justin consistently wakes up between 2am-4am and can’t get back to sleep.
- Jon woke up at 4am. Often reports bad sleeps.
- Justin asked on Twitter and got tips:
- Josh Pigford, Baremetrics, says: “CBD oil. Previously I was a very "active" sleeper...talking, getting up, etc. It'd also take me upwards of 30 minutes to get to sleep and I'd regularly wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep. Haven't had any of those issues since using CBD oil.”
- Scott Bolinger:
- no caffeine after 10am
- no work after dinner
- non-fiction books only at bedtime
- dark lighting in house hours before bed
- same schedule every night
- don’t use alcohol to fall asleep (it’s a sedative, not a sleep inducer)
- weed blocks REM sleep
- I know you’re not drinking, but alcohol and marijuana affect REM sleep.
- Steven Kovar: "A-Z gratitude" routine. Name something you're grateful for that starts with the letter A. Move on to B. Etc. Never gotten past K.”
- Wailin Wong, Basecamp: “One small thing that's really helped me is getting a sleep mask (Alaska Bear brand). Temperature of room and limiting blue light exposure.”
- Resource: Matt Walker, Why We Sleep
- Regularity: go to bed at the same time, and wake up at the same time.
- Light: in the last hour before bed, switch off half the lights, no screens
- Keep it cool: your brain needs to drop its temperature by 2-3 degrees to sleep. The cold pads might work. Warm bath before sleep helps too.
- Siesta in the afternoon
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ActiveCampaign. Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
- New: Honeybadger. A web developer's secret weapon! Modern error management that gives you more than an email and a backtrace. They also have an amazing podcast: FounderQuest.
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- James Sowers with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.