I phoned up Spencer Fry, founder of Podia
- How do you find a good startup idea?
- What are the worst types of companies to start?
- Should you raise money or bootstrap?
- Why the target market for your product matters.
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- Balsamiq: They make a low-fidelity wireframing tool, specifically geared for non-designers. Get in the zone, and I feel creative right away. Try out their free trial: balsamiq.com
- Clubhouse.io: Clubhouse is the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone together. It's designed for developers, but product folks, marketing, support folks love using it. Get two months free: clubhouse.io/build.
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Kevin Markham
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.