Matt Massicotte comes on the program to talk about the development of his app Chime and how he's using the new framework ExtensionKit along with Open-Source to be an extensible macOS app.
- Episode 130 - macOS by Tutorials with Sarah Reichelt
- Episode 89 - Cryptography with Marcin Krzyżanowski
- Episode 45 - Developer Community (Part 1) with Dave Verwer
- AnyCodable by FlightSchool
- An Introduction to ExtensionKit by Matt
- STTextView by Marcin Krzyzanowski
- Short story about OpenPGP for iOS and OS X — ObjectivePGP by Marcin Krzyzanowski
- ExtensionKit - Apple Docs
- Mac App Store and investing engineering time BY Kaleidoscope
- For developers who want to be rigorous and uncompromising in their app testing.
- You can set up your virtual machine for almost any configuration, from a fresh, factory reset of the Ventura beta all the way back to Big Sur.
- Test, simulate, roll back and debug apps and scripts however you need to without worrying about destroying your machine.
swiftpackageindex.com is the place to find Swift packages.
- over 5,000 packages indexed now, you’ll find a package that can help.
- help you make better decisions about your dependencies.
- host DocC-based documentation for package authors.
If the site has helped you find a package, or if you want to support a community-run open-source project, please go to swiftpackageindex.com, look for the pink heart, and join over a hundred other people who support our work through GitHub sponsors.
Open Source and Mac App
- Fear of dependencies
- What’s the benefit of doing it in open source
- What kind of open source licenses are there
- How can you avoid your code being copied outside the license
- For a larger company what benefits do they get by open sourcing part of their code base?
- How does open sourcing work with iOS/mac apps and the App Store
- What is ExtensionKit and how are you using it?
- How is it related to XPC
- How does something like this get installed and distributed
- How does Sandboxing relate to this
- What are some good candidates for using ExtensionKit
- Have you looked at the work iOS, watchOS, or tvOS?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Creators & Guests
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.