And, our accountant might be a socialist ;)
- The bandwidth / CDN cost problem (and how it might affect our profitability).
- Marco Arment: "It would cost them probably thousands of dollars a month in bandwidth and CDN costs to host our show."
- We made a decision on whether we'll take investment now. (Hats off to Earnest Capital, TinySeed, and Indie.VC for offering such great options!)
- Should founders use their savings to fund their company? What about credit cards?
- When should we start hiring people?
- What about government-funded community loans for startups? ~9% interest.
- Nathan Barry: "You should get a loan when you don’t need it because once you do it won’t be available."
- Our accountant might be a socialist. ;)
- Can you really "build something out of nothing?"
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- Alitu.com: Alitu removes all the tech headaches associated with producing your podcast. They take care of processing, editing & publishing your podcast. Go to Alitu.com and check out their video demo.
- Podcastinsights.com: If you want to get into podcasting, check out Podcast Insights. They’re a great resource for folks who want to start and grow a podcast. Podcast equipment guides, how to make money. Join millions of readers learning all about how to start, grow, and monetize a podcast at podcastinsights.com.
- Marco Arment talks about bandwidth
- I tested our new CDN on Mike Vardy’s podcast (Twitter video)
- Earnest Capital
- Government funded loans: BDC and Community Futures in Canada.
- Nathan Barry on "solving the cash crisis."
- Everything is a Remix
- Justin's article: "How startup growth really works."
- Matt from Supercomputer’s bug report
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Dan Buda @danielbuda, danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Kevin Markham
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2019? 37signals did it in 2004, and since then thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build & launch their new product: Transistor.fm.