And, our accountant might be a socialist ;)
- The bandwidth / CDN cost problem (and how it might affect our profitability).
- Marco Arment: "It would cost them probably thousands of dollars a month in bandwidth and CDN costs to host our show."
- We made a decision on whether we'll take investment now. (Hats off to Earnest Capital, TinySeed, and Indie.VC for offering such great options!)
- Should founders use their savings to fund their company? What about credit cards?
- When should we start hiring people?
- What about government-funded community loans for startups? ~9% interest.
- Nathan Barry: "You should get a loan when you don’t need it because once you do it won’t be available."
- Our accountant might be a socialist. ;)
- Can you really "build something out of nothing?"
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- Alitu.com: Alitu removes all the tech headaches associated with producing your podcast. They take care of processing, editing & publishing your podcast. Go to Alitu.com and check out their video demo.
- Podcastinsights.com: If you want to get into podcasting, check out Podcast Insights. They’re a great resource for folks who want to start and grow a podcast. Podcast equipment guides, how to make money. Join millions of readers learning all about how to start, grow, and monetize a podcast at podcastinsights.com.
- Marco Arment talks about bandwidth
- I tested our new CDN on Mike Vardy’s podcast (Twitter video)
- Earnest Capital
- Government funded loans: BDC and Community Futures in Canada.
- Nathan Barry on "solving the cash crisis."
- Everything is a Remix
- Justin's article: "How startup growth really works."
- Matt from Supercomputer’s bug report
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Dan Buda @danielbuda, danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Kevin Markham
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.