What to see and do at the 2022 Walt Disney World EPCOT Festival of the Holidays, plus Lunar New Year Festival and the Food and Wine Festival are returning to Disneyland Resort in 2023. These stories and all the latest Disney Travel news.
In last week's episode we shared the complete Foodie Guide for the 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Holidays (including our top picks), this week we share everything else you need to know for EPCOT Festival of the Holidays...
Disney rides are getting into the holiday spirit at EPCOT. Living with the Land – Glimmering Greenhouses is a holiday overlay version of this popular ride, featuring Christmas light displays throughout (and a few other Christmas surprises). While over at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind get ready for an all-new holiday remix with a Guardians twist.
Celebrity narrators making their debut this year include Gloria Estefan, Josh Gad, Simu Liu, Mariska Hargitay, Raúl Esparza and Daymond John. See the full line-up of Candlelight Processional celebrity narrators and performance dates on our previous post.
Other Festival of the Holidays highlights include:
- “JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season” is an uplifting performance of music celebrating Christmas and Kwanzaa on the World Showcase Plaza Stage, with multiple performances daily.
- Global holiday traditions come to life in World Showcase with storytellers, musicians and more. Watch for Las Posadas Celebration featuring Mariachi Cobre at the Mexico pavilion, the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion, a Hanukkah storyteller on the promenade between Morocco and France and more storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and UK.
- Holiday Kitchens offer festive recipes and drinks—from spiced pumpkin punch and cranberry mimosas to slow-roasted turkey with stuffing and pork schnitzel with braised red cabbage. Treats are everywhere, from linzer cookies and maple bûche de noël to chocolate-peppermint donuts.
- Latin-American heritage is celebrated at the all-new Nochebuena Cocina Holiday Kitchen, featuring traditional dishes served during the holiday season.
- The Holiday Cookie Stroll gives you the opportunity to embark on a sweet adventure. Buy any five cookies from the official Cookie Stroll locations and collect matching stamps in your Festival Passport. Then bring it to Holiday Sweets & Treats and you'll get a specialty cookie.
- Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt is on to search for holiday traditions Olaf has gathered from around the world.
- You can Christmas shop at EPCOT with unique shopping from around the globe.
- And finally, no holiday celebration is complete without visiting Santa. Now through Deceber 24, Santa Claus pays a visit to The Odyssey, giving you the opportunity to say hello, pose for a photo and ask for some items from your Christmas wish list.
Lunar New Year Celebration and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival are back in 2023
Two festivals return to Disney California Adventure in 2023. The Lunar New Year celebration from January 20 to February 15, 2023, and Disney California Food & Wine Festival from March 3 to April 25, 2023.
Lunar New Year, January 20 – February 15, 2023
The centerpiece will be “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a vibrant performance hosted by Mulan and Mushu, that features dozens of spirited parade performers as they honor family, friendship, and the potential for a fortune-filled new year. For 2023, the procession will be extended throughout all of California Adventure with the parade route from Paradise Gardens through Hollywood Land.
The culinary landscape will expand with two new Lunar New Year marketplaces: Bamboo Blessings and Wrapped with Love. They will join the returning marketplaces, including Lucky 8 Lantern, Prosperity Bao & Buns, Red Spice Traders, and Longevity Noodle Co. With the Sip and Savor pass you can taste you way through six food & non-alcoholic drink selections from participating marketplaces and dining locations.
More fun includes crafts, Chinese calligraphy demos and the Lucky Wishes Wall, where you can write your hopes for 2023. More festival items will be at Paradise Garden Grill and Lucky Fortune Cookery.
Soarin’ Over California will return for a limited time during the festival.
There are signature events where you can expand your knowledge on wine, beer and spirits. These include the Carthay Circle Winemaker Receptions, Trader Sam’s Mixology Seminars, a Craftsman Grill mixology seminar and a Grand Tasting event at the Disneyland Hotel.
Ka Maka Pool and Grotto, including Ka Maka whirlpool spa, will be unavailable from December 5 - 9, 2022. Other water features will still be available, including Waikolohe Pool and Stream, the two water slides, multiple whirlpool spas, Keiki Cove splash zone, and Wailana Pool.
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo
Creators & Guests
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is an award-winning* Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel news from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years and 100+ weeks of onsite Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 11+ years and well over 30 weeks of onsite Disney travel experiences at the age of 14.
*1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast won the Canadian Podcast Award for Outstanding Kids & Family Series in 2022 and has been nominated for Best Podcast Awards at the People's Choice Podcast Awards and the Canadian Podcast Awards.