Money: how to get it (and how we spend it).
- We're an official Spotify partner. You'll be able to find us in Spotify soon!
- Build Your SaaS was #1 on Product Hunt!
- 1,773 downloads that day. Our previous record was 443 downloads in a day. ;)
- Searching for Casey Neistat.
- How do people find out about Transistor?
- Thanks Joe Workman for referring us a new customer! Check out his show: Weaver Radio.
- New shareable / embeddable share links coming soon!
Main topic: money
- Should your startup get funding?
- Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer: “Easy to sell away your ownership and control without realizing what it will mean. The industry seems to normalize and make people feel like it's a given that they can't grow with their company.”
- John O’Nolan, founder of Ghost: “This is so important. I had the exact same experience in a startup accelerator. All these wealthy smart people telling me that there was no way to succeed without taking capital. They are VERY good at convincing people of that”
- “Growing fast and health are nearly mutually exclusive”
- Pros to funding: it’d be nice to move faster.
- Cons to funding: you lose control, your forced to move faster than you might like (or need to).
- Transistor’s new shareable links for social media
- Product Hunt: Build Your SaaS
- Searching for Casey Neistat tweet
- Interesting funding model: Indie VC
- Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer
- John O’Nolan, founder of Ghost
- Thanks to Andrew C and Bullet Train for being our first sponsor!
- Kayako for customer support
- Adam Clark designing our marketing website
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.