Money: how to get it (and how we spend it).
- We're an official Spotify partner. You'll be able to find us in Spotify soon!
- Build Your SaaS was #1 on Product Hunt!
- 1,773 downloads that day. Our previous record was 443 downloads in a day. ;)
- Searching for Casey Neistat.
- How do people find out about Transistor?
- Thanks Joe Workman for referring us a new customer! Check out his show: Weaver Radio.
- New shareable / embeddable share links coming soon!
Main topic: money
- Should your startup get funding?
- Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer: “Easy to sell away your ownership and control without realizing what it will mean. The industry seems to normalize and make people feel like it's a given that they can't grow with their company.”
- John O’Nolan, founder of Ghost: “This is so important. I had the exact same experience in a startup accelerator. All these wealthy smart people telling me that there was no way to succeed without taking capital. They are VERY good at convincing people of that”
- “Growing fast and health are nearly mutually exclusive”
- Pros to funding: it’d be nice to move faster.
- Cons to funding: you lose control, your forced to move faster than you might like (or need to).
- Transistor’s new shareable links for social media
- Product Hunt: Build Your SaaS
- Searching for Casey Neistat tweet
- Interesting funding model: Indie VC
- Joel Gascoigne, founder of Buffer
- John O’Nolan, founder of Ghost
- Thanks to Andrew C and Bullet Train for being our first sponsor!
- Kayako for customer support
- Adam Clark designing our marketing website
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2019? 37signals did it in 2004, and since then thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build & launch their new product: Transistor.fm.