In this episode, Leo talks with Jameson Toole Co-founder / CTO of FritzAI about CoreML and Machine Learning. We talk about the process of introducing ML into your app, the different capabilities of CoreML, as well as the updates which have come out of WWDC 2020.
- Jameson Toole (@jamesonthecrow)
- Build an Action Classifier with Create ML
- Detect Body and Hand Pose with Vision
- Make apps smarter with Natural Language
- Control training in Create ML with Swift
- Get models on device using Core ML Converters
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
Preparing for Machine Learning
- What does it mean to build a Model?
- What tasks are you trying to perform?
- How do you prep data for a model?
- How do you collect data for a model?
Deciding the Machine Learning Task
- What types of task can ML do?
- What's the difference between recommendation and recognition?
- What is supervised learning?
- What does Apple provide for building models?
- How does the Vision framework work?
- Why should you consider Machine Learning on Device?
- How can you process Speech?
- How does choosing the processor affect training?
Making ML Part of the Project
- How to iterate over models?
- How do you acquire that first set of data?
- What is synthetic data?
- How do you implement unit testing in Machine Learning?
ML and WWDC 2020
- How does Apple Silicon on the Mac affect Machine Learning?
- What advances in Machine Learning came out of WWDC 2020?
- How WWDC 2020 reveals how ML continues to evolve?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Creators & Guests
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.