Take a listen to gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between shame, fear, and self-compassion and the role they play in eating disorder recovery.
- The interconnectedness of shame, fear, and eating disorders – how shame fuels the disorder and perpetuates the fear of not being good enough.
- The power of self-compassion in breaking free from shame and fostering a transformative recovery journey.
- Recognizing the disordered cycle of self-criticism and negative motivation and embracing self-compassion as a new approach.
- Overcoming resistance to self-compassion and taking baby steps towards incorporating it into daily life.
- The shift from striving for perfection to embracing self-acceptance and messy growth, leading to a healthier, happier version of oneself.
JOIN THE COURAGE CLUB WAITLIST
THREE-PART SERIES ON SELF COMPASSION
Part 1: "Am I the Problem?" When You FEEL ALONE in Your Struggles with Food and Body
Part 2: How do I work with CRITICAL THOUGHTS?
Part 3: How do I move from SELF-CRITICISM to self-compassion?
CONNECT WITH RECOVERY WARRIORS
What is The Recovery Warrior Shows?
Real talk. Real insights. Real stories of recovery helping people stop fighting food and their body since 2012.
Welcome to Recovery Warriors podcast channel. Where many voices come together to share the one great journey to full eating disorder recovery.
With a unique lineup of shows, your food, body, and self-esteem struggles are covered from every angle. Balancing science and soul, we tell stories and share evidence-based research behind what it takes to recover from restriction, anorexia, bulimia, over-exercising, binge eating, chronic dieting and disordered eating. Not only that, we also cover the underlying trauma, limiting beliefs, and painful emotions that keep you trapped in cycles of feeling powerless and out of control.
It’s exhausting constantly thinking about food and worrying about your weight. You, dear warrior, don’t have to live like this. Together, let’s march forward into a future where you’re living, breathing proof that recovery is possible.