In this episode, Leo invites Graham Lee, Senior Research Software Engineer at the University of Oxford, who's been writing Objective-C for over 20 years and brings his experience to talk about what Swift developers should know about Objective-C and how the language works.
- Graham Lee - Twitter @iwasleeg
- Episode 107 - Expert Swift with Shai Mishali
- Episode 105 - Navigating DocC with Ellen Shapiro
- Episode 70 - Maintaining & Migrating with Antoine van der Lee - Part 2
- Episode 69 - Maintaining & Migrating with Antoine van der Lee - Part 1
- Episode 48 - Alternative Backends with Kristaps Grinbergs
- DosAmigans Twitch Stream - Programming on the Amiga
- [objc retain]
- WWDC 2020 - Refine Objective-C frameworks for Swift
- sicpers.info - …and in the end there will be the command line
- sicpers.info - In which I misunderstood Objective-C
- Integrating C++ Libraries with Swift - BrightDigit
- CairoSVG Objective-C++ Swift Package Example
Using RevenueCat to power your in-app purchase infrastructure solves:
- For edge cases you don’t even know you have
- Protects from outages your team hasn’t seen yet
- Saves you time on future maintenance
- As well as new features released by the app stores
- Empowers your marketing teams with clean, reliable IAP data
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
- Why you should know something about Objective-C
- Why is Objective-C so different from Swift?
- Is there a purpose for Objective-C outside of Swift?
- Should you still write Objective-C?
- What steps to migrate Objective-C over to Swift?
- How to make sure your Swift is consumable by Objective-C?
- How to work with C++ through Objective-C?
- What are the differences between Dynamic and Static Typed languages?
- What are the benefits of Dynamic vs Static Typed languages?
- What does a PhD in Software Engineering do at Oxford?
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.