In this episode, Leo talks with Kristaps Grinbergs about alternative backends like GraphQL and WebSockets as well as their upcoming talks at UIKonf.
- Episode 8: Cloud and Backend Services For Apps
- Episode 34: Server-Side Swift with Tim Condon
- Episode 47: Practical Combine with Donny Wals
- UIKonf - 18-19 MAY 2020 · ONLINE
- Heartwitch - Uses Vapor WebSockets
- Apollo Data Graph Platform
- Server-Side Frameworks
- Client-Side Frameworks
- WWDC 2020 is happening!
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
- Greater Flexibility
- Less Data Usage
- REST API is more strict but easy to implement
- Big Learning Curve with GraphQL
- Fewer Requests Needed with GraphQL
- Challenges with accessing in Swift
- How Apollo Works
- Starting with both REST API and GraphQL
- Using Subscriptions WebSockets with GraphQL for Syncing
- Perfect for Gaming, Chat, and Financial Applications
- Why Long Polling Might Be Better
- How to keep a URL Session open
- How to stay organized with WebSockets
- How to support and test WebSockets?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.