In this episode, Leo talks with Daniel Steinberg about functional programming, how to use it in Swift, why it's important for SwiftUI and Combine, and how to stay organized.
- Episode 36 - Upgrading Your Skills in 2020 with Paul Hudson
- Episode 47 - Practical Combine with Donny Wals
- Episode 19 - WWDC 2019 - Swift UI with Jason Anderson
- Episode 57 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 2
- A Combine Kickstart by Daniel Steinberg
- A Functional Programming Kickstart by Daniel Steinberg
- iOSDevCampDC 2020 - Keynote: Mise en Place - Daniel Steinberg
- JFS by Amy Hoy
- Refactoring to Patterns by Joshua Kerievsky
- flatMap, Double Optionals, and Functional Programming by Leo Dion
- Introducing Combine - WWDC 2019
- Functional Swift by Chris Eidhof, Florian Kugler, and Wouter Swierstra
- The Humane Interface: New Directions for Designing Interactive Systems by Jef Raskin
- Combine-ing the Old with the New by Leo Dion at 360iDev 2020
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Latest BrightDigit Newsletter on Error Handling
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Audible is the leading provider of spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, ranging from best sellers, to celebrity memoirs, news, business, and self-development. Every month, members get one (1) credit to pick any title, plus two (2) Audible Originals from a monthly selection, and access to daily news digests (from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post), as well as guided meditation programs.
Talking to Strangers - What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Try it out today and 2 free audiobooks:
Learning and Conferences
- Presentation vs Code
- Avoiding the actual work
- Using what works best when you need it
- The importance of writing everyday
- History of functional programming
- Mathematical basis for functional programming
- Examples of use with Array and Optionals: zip, reduce, map, etc...
- Difference compactMap vs flatMap
- What flatMap actually means
- Relationship between functional programming and object-oriented programming
Functional Programming and Combine
- Mutability and Values
- Adapting to new patterns
- Staying organized with small pieces
- Testing mapping between inputs
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.