In this two-part episode, Leo talks with Lucas Derraugh about the future of macOS development. In this second part, we talk about distributing mac apps, Apple Silicon, and the UI changes with Big Sur.
- Lucas Derraugh
- Episode 59 - The Future of Mac Development with Lucas Derraugh - Part 1
- Episode 57 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 2
- Episode 56 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 1
- Episode 55 - WWDC 2020 and Xcode 12 with Vadim Shpakovski - Part 2
- Episode 54 - WWDC 2020 and Xcode 12 with Vadim Shpakovski - Part 1
- Episode 53 - WWDC 2020 - Quick Thoughts
- Episode 20 - WWDC 2019 - Mac Development with Daniel Jalkut
- Responder Chain Episodes
- Speculid Update for Big Sur
- Adopt the new look of macOS
- What’s new in Mac Catalyst
- Optimize the interface of your Mac Catalyst app
- What's new in SwiftUI
- Port your Mac app to Apple Silicon
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Are you getting a DTK?
- What the future of Windows on the Mac?
- Running Virtual Machines and Docker on Apple Silicon
- What are the battery life improvements with Apple Silicon?
- Migrating Apps using C and C++ Libraries
macOS Big Sur
- Challenges running on older machines
- New UI Updates
- Building UI by staying with Apple's APIs
- Ensuring Keyboard Support
- Ensuring Discoverability for "Pros"
Distributing Mac Apps
- App Store vs Selling Your Self
- Challenges with Sandboxing
- Dealing with Notarization
- Dealing with Permissions Dialogs
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.