In this episode, Leo talks with Malin Sundberg about her experience building Orbit across a variety of Apple platforms using SwiftUI and what lessons she came away with.
- Malin Sundberg - @malinsundberg
- Episode 25 - Developing for Multiple Platforms with Manton Reece
- Episode 35 - SwiftUI - The Good, the Bad, and the Benefits
- Episode 57 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 2
- Episode 60 - The Future of Mac Development with Lucas Derraugh - Part 2
- Back to the Mac 2020 - The journey of making a Mac app in SwiftUI by Malin
- NSSpain - SwiftUI: We’re now Apple Platform Developers by Malin
- iOSDevCampDC 2020 - Full Stack Swift - From Server to Watch by Leo
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
Building for the macOS
- macOS Design Differences
- Where AppKit is necessary on macOS?
- How Big Sur changed the design?
- Supporting Older Operating Systems
Migrating to iOS
- Dealing with iOS screen size
- Differences in navigation
- What parts can be reused for SwiftUI?
- Designing for "glimpses"
Whether to go with SwiftUI
- AppKit/UIKit vs SwiftUI
- Some parts faster for development - some slower
- Based on expertise
- How about Catalyst?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.