In this episode, Leo talks with Tibor Bödecs about Vapor 4 and his new book Practical Server-Side Swift. We talk about why someone may choose Vapor and the updates made in Vapor 4 from the Database Models and OS Support.
- Tibor Bödecs (website)
50th Episode - Q&A - submit your questions to me @leogdion with hashtag #empowerapps
- Episode 8: Cloud and Backend Services For Apps
- Episode 34: Server-Side Swift with Tim Condon
- Episode 48: Alternative Backends with Kristaps Grinbergs
- Vapor 4 Docs
- Vapor Discord
- Heartwitch - Uses Vapor WebSockets
- WWDC 2020 is happening!
- Swift ArgumentParser
- Tibor Bödecs - What's New in Vapor 4?
- Tibor Bödecs - What’s new in Swift 5.3?
- Tim Condon - The Future of Swift on the Server
- Swift 5.3 Release Process and OS Support
- Leo's setup article for Vapor 3
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Audible is the leading provider of spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, ranging from best sellers, to celebrity memoirs, news, business, and self-development. Every month, members get one (1) credit to pick any title, plus two (2) Audible Originals from a monthly selection, and access to daily news digests (from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post), as well as guided meditation programs.
Talking to Strangers - What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Try it out today and 2 free audiobooks:
- What are you most excited about?
- Will there be new hardware or IDE?
Vapor 4 Changes
- Updates to the Command API
- New Service Layer
- Updates with HTTP 2 with SwiftNIO 2
- How SwiftNIO2 does Futures and Promises
- Using PropertyWrappers with Fluent ORM
- Making Swift Package Manager work with you
Getting Started with Vapor
- Requires Linux or macOS with Swift 5.2
- Recent Support for Ubuntu 20, Amazon Linux, CentOS
- Using Vapor Toolbox vs just SPM
- Unit Testing with Separate Package
- Structure of the App
- Getting Your Database Models Setup
- Using Push Notifications on Vapor and Sign-In With Apple
- Why Should You Consider Vapor?
- Where to Host Your App?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.