In this episode, Leo talks with John Wilker organizer of 360 Conferences including 360iDev. We talk about organizing conferences amidst the pandemic and transitioning back to in-person conferences. We also give our take on the upcoming WWDC 2021.
- John Wilker (johnwilker.com)
- Episode 36 - Upgrading Your Skills in 2020 with Paul Hudson
- Episode 9 - iPad Apps for Businesses and Pros
- WWDC 2021 Announced
- 360|iDev 2021 Call For Papers will close May 7, 2021!
- Plex now works with the Apple TV app, but not all content is available - iMore
- John on using his iPad
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Using RevenueCat to power your in-app purchase infrastructure solves:
- For edge cases you don’t even know you have
- Protects from outages your team hasn’t seen yet
- Saves you time on future maintenance
- As well as new features released by the app stores
- Empowers your marketing teams with clean, reliable IAP data
360iDev - August 22 -25 (Hybrid)
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It's all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
- Available Online or In-Person
Hosting Conferences Today
- Different Challenges with 2021 vs 2020
- Getting Signups and Registrations
- Improvements to Online Platforms
- Dealing with Zoom Fatigue
Being a Speaker
- There's always something the audience can learn
- Teaching as a novice and avoiding missing steps
- Practice at your "local" meeting or on a podcast 😁
- Encourage others to speaker for the first time
- The More The Merrier
WWDC Wish List
- Allowing more content available on Apple TV
- Leo's novice experiences with Apple TV
- Thoughts on multi-user Fitness+
- Apple Watch Band for Watch Enthusiasts?
- More Interactive Widgets on iOS 15
- iPad Pro vs Mac Book Air M1
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.