In this episode, Leo talks with Vincent Pradeilles about the new async and await features coming to Swift. Leo and Vincent get into the challenges adopting it and the design around as well as how it helps to help with building multi-threaded asynchronous applications.
- Vincent Pradeilles
- Episode 75 - Year of the Server with Tim Condon - Part 2
- Episode 72 - Functional Programming with Daniel Steinberg
- Episode 47 - Practical Combine with Donny Wals
- Swift Evolution Proposal
- Asynchronous Multi-Threaded Parallel World of Swift by Leo
- Experimenting with async & await in Swift by Vincent
- Running tasks in parallel using async/await 🚀 by Vincent
- PromiseKit by Max Howell
- EventLoopFuture in Vapor (and SwiftNIO)
- Leo's Async Await Test Code
- Chris Lattner's Async Proposal
- Getting started with async/await in Swift by Eneko Alonso
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Swift Heroes Digital is a one day event, for developers, designers and project managers at all levels of experience with the Swift platform. Combining resources from the Swift Heroes Global network, we’re excited to be bringing you this international, interactive event.
Share this code with your network and they receive 20% discount on all Swift Heroes tickets: SH21-SPEAKERS-COMMUNITY
Insert the code under 'redeem voucher' on the ticketing platform to receive 20% discount on all ticket types.
Dealing with Asynchronous Calls Now
- Dealing with GCD
- History of CPU Cores and Asynchronous Programming
- Power of GCD and Queues
- How Promises fit in with Swift
- Managing Network Call Asynchronously
- Dealing with UI Changes
- What is a DispatchGroup
What Await and Async Provide
- Avoiding Blocking the Main Thread
- Subscribing/Publisher vs Async/Await
- How do Tasks work
- How to get started now with Async and Await
- What are Continuations
- What is an Unsafe Continuation
- Dealing with Errors in Async Functions
- How do parallel asynchronous tasks
- How Combine works with Async/Await
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.