In the second part of our interview with Erica Sadun, Leo gets more in-depth on the Swift Argument Parser, how we are using it, setup and parsing complexities, and more.
- Episode 20: WWDC 2019 - Mac Development with Daniel Jalkut
- Server Side Episodes
- try! Swift World
- Swift Argument Parser
- yonaskolb/Mint (GitHub) - THE WAY to install Swift Package Tools
- WE FOUND AN INSTALLATION TOOL! - “mint” (a simple SwiftPM installer) has improved my command line life - Erica Sadun
- Musings on `Result` and building a command line utility with completion handlers - Erica Sadun
- Swift Package Continuous Integration - Leo Dion
- Erica's Command Line Tools
- Leo's Command Line Tools
- HomeBrew Stuff (for Swift Packages - See Mint)
- docopt - Command-line interface description language
- kylef/Commander (GitHub) - Compose beautiful command line interfaces in Swift
- JohnSundell/Publish (GitHub) - A static site generator for Swift developers
- VT100 codes 🙄
- Exit Codes
- Swift Language Change Log
- Swift on Windows
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Audible is the leading provider of spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, ranging from best sellers, to celebrity memoirs, news, business, and self-development. Every month, members get one (1) credit to pick any title, plus two (2) Audible Originals from a monthly selection, and access to daily news digests (from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post), as well as guided meditation programs.
Talking to Strangers - What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Try it out today and 2 free audiobooks:
Swift Argument Parser
- How does the parser work?
- What's the difference between Argument, Option, and Flag?
- What folks find challenging with it?
- How we are using the new library?
- How to run asynchronously with command line tools?
- How log and write to stdout and stderr?
- Dealing with errors
- Future of Swift
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.