In the first part of this two-part series of episodes, Leo talks with Tim Condon of Broken Hands, Swift Server Work Group member, and Vapor maintainer. We talk about the Swift Server Work Group, SwiftNIO, Server-Side Swift's growth in 2020 and Swift on Server-Side ARM.
- Episode 34 - Server-Side Swift with Tim Condon
- Episode 49 - Vapor 4 with Tibor Bödecs
- Episode 74 - Year of the Server with Tim Condon - Part 2
- The Future of Swift on the Server by Tim
- Building the next version of the Smoke Framework by Simon Pilkington
- Swift Server Work Group
- Use Swift on AWS Lambda with Xcode - WWDC 2020
- Platforms State of the Union - WWDC 2020 (Vapor at 30:30)
- Virtualization Framework
- Running Docker on Apple Silicon M1 by Sven A. Schmidt
- AWS Graviton
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
Swift Server Work Group and SwiftNIO
- What is the Swift Server Work Group?
- Server-Side at WWDC
- What is SwiftNIO and how does it fit with Server-Side Swift?
- Why SwiftNIO instead of URLSession?
- Should you use SwiftNIO for my iOS app?
State of Swift on the Server
- Where Swift has grown in 2020
- State of Kitura after IBM
- Swift and Server-Side Swift on Windows
- AWS Lambda and Smoke
- Swift on Ubuntu 20, Centos, and Amazon Linux
ARM and Swift on the Server
- Server Development on Apple Silicon/ARM
- Virtualization on Apple Silicon
- The Future of ARM Servers
- more on concurrency proposal and Vapor 5 in the next episode... 😯
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.