In this episode, Leo talks with Aaron Douglas from Automattic and Ray Wenderlich author on local database storage on iOS. Why you should do it? What the difference between SQLite and Core Data? ... and more
- Episode 61 - Machine Learning and Core ML with Jameson Toole
- Episode 57 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 2
- Episode 49 - Vapor 4 with Tibor Bödecs
- Fetching objects from Core Data in a SwiftUI project by Donny Wals
- Why NetNewsWire Is Fast by Brent Simmons
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
Why Local Storage?
- Local cache is import for speed and being off-line
- Benefits of a flat file vs local database
- Why not run a server on your iPhone?
- How SQLite works?
- What's missing from SQLite as opposed to a relational database server?
- How to get started with SQLite in Swift?
- Dealing with data types in SQLite
- What is Journaling and Why not use it?
- What is Object Relational Mapping?
- What is an Object Graph?
- What is a Context?
- Why use Core Data vs SQLite?
- Challenges in Dealing with Migrations
CoreData Tips and Tricks
- Optimizations in CoreData
- How to Debug CoreData
- Building for Cross-Platform
- Testing Different Versions
- How Syncing to makes your app more tolerant based on API changes
- Dealing with CloudKit
- Dealing with SwiftUI
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.