In this episode, Leo is joined by Adam Shaw, developer at Bonobo Labs and Moleskine Studio. We talk about iPadOS 15 and developing apps for the iPad in 2021: Supporting multiple sizes, Apple Pencil, Pointer and Keyboards; as well as differences with the Mac and iPhone and issues with the iPad app market.
- Adam Shaw (Twitter @kabukivision)
Youtube Video - https://youtu.be/WHzAdaMHWgE
- Episode 92 - WWDC 2021 - Platforms State of the Union with Peter Witham
- Episode 73 - Multi-Platform SwiftUI with Malin Sundberg
- Episode 10 - Business and IT Applications
- Episode 9 - iPad Apps for Businesses and Pros
- Take your iPad apps to the next level
- Focus on iPad keyboard navigation
- Support Full Keyboard Access in your iOS app
- SwiftUI on the Mac: Build the fundamentals
- SwiftUI on the Mac: The finishing touches
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Using RevenueCat to power your in-app purchase infrastructure solves:
- For edge cases you don’t even know you have
- Protects from outages your team hasn’t seen yet
- Saves you time on future maintenance
- As well as new features released by the app stores
- Empowers your marketing teams with clean, reliable IAP data
Developing for iPad
- Why develop an iPad app?
- iPad vs iPhone
- iPad vs Mac
- Building Pro Apps on the iPad
- Limits of iPadOS
- Using Custom Controls
Designing for the iPad (specifically)
- Migrating from iPhone to iPad
- Designing for Different Sizes
- Whether to support multiple windows
- Supporting SplitView
- Supporting Pointers and Keyboard Shortcuts
Pro Apps for the iPad
- Problems with Pro Apps on the iPad
- Missing Pro Apps on the iPad
- Swift Playground on the iPad
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.