In this episode, Leo talks with Ben Chatelain about Git. They chat about branching strategies, merging strategies, Xcode headaches, and... using emojis in your commit messages!😱🥳👏
- Episode 29 - Managing iOS Development with Peter Witham
- Episode 46 - Developer Community (Part 2) with Dave Verwer
- Episode 64 - A Very Remote Year with Jacob Gorban
- A Brief History of Version Control : Codemash by Brian Meeker
- MS Visual SourceSafe 👴
- CVS 👴
- Level up Your Git Commits with Gitmoji!
- Pro Git Book
- Trunk Based Development
- mas - A simple command line interface for the Mac App Store
- Dangit, Git!?!
- `git log -g` (a better reflog)
- Tip: always delete topic branches after merging a PR (or have GitHub do it for you)
- Ben’s git shortcuts as fish shell functions
- amendne - amend the last commit, reusing the existing commit message
- bundle-pull - transports a dirty working copy from one machine to another.
- git_bundle_create - creates a git bundle by stashing a dirty working copy
- ignore - adds file paths to .gitignore file
- lg, lga - minimal yet pimped out history graph
- new - show new commits received after a pull
- pop - remove the last commit, but keep the changes in the working copy
- publish - push a new branch to a remote
- review - inspect the last commit
- rewrite - uses filter-repo to correct an author email typo (destructive)
- scrub - uses filter-branch to delete files from history (destructive)
- root - prints the path to the root of the local repo
- stash, stsave, stlist, stshow, stpop, stdrop - functions for working with stashes
- suri - submodule update recursive init
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
Git Tips and Tricks
- Know the Git Terminal Command
- What Xcode can help with
- How Tower Helps
- Gitflow vs Trunk Based
- What are the different ways to branch
- merge vs squash vs rebase
- Dealing with Git Submodules 😱
- Merging Xcode Projects and Storyboards 🤬
- Creating great commit messages
- How is a Pull Request useful
- How Branches work in Git
- How to use Tags in Git
- What is a Pull Request draft?
- What is a Git Stash?
- What is Gitmoji?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.