In this episode, Leo is joined by Gio Lodi, author of Test-Driven Development in Swift with SwiftUI and Combine. We talk about how to do TDD with Swift but also SwiftUI and Combine as well as the new features revealed at WWDC 2021 like Async/Await, Xcode Cloud, expected failures, and test repetitions.
- Gio Lodi - gio.codes
Youtube Video - https://youtu.be/OM9jbAbUXZ0
- Episode 15 - Test-Driven Development with Joshua Greene and Michael Katz
- Episode 24 - Continuous Integration with Kyle Newsome
- Episode 62 - Local Database Storage on iOS with Aaron Douglas
- Episode 72 - Functional Programming with Daniel Steinberg
- Episode 80 - A Tour of Software Testing with Christina Moulton
- Episode 81 - Awaiting for Async with Vincent Pradeilles
- Episode 92 - WWDC 2021 - Platforms State of the Union with Peter Witham
- How to test Swift async/await code with XCTest by Gio
- xUnit Test Patterns: Refactoring Test Code by Gerard Meszaros
- What's a Test Double?
- What's New in Testing talk by Gio from Melbourne CocoaHeads - June 10th 2021
- Dependency Inversion Principle
- dimsumthinking.com by Daniel Steinberg
- Leo Dion - Combine-ing the Old with the New from 360iDev 2019 (on creating Publisher Factories/Publicists)
- Xcode Cloud Beta Signup
- Embrace Expected Failures in XCTest
- Meet Xcode Cloud
- Explore Xcode Cloud workflows
- Customize your advanced Xcode Cloud workflows
- Diagnose unreliable code with test repetitions
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Using RevenueCat to power your in-app purchase infrastructure solves:
- For edge cases you don’t even know you have
- Protects from outages your team hasn’t seen yet
- Saves you time on future maintenance
- As well as new features released by the app stores
- Empowers your marketing teams with clean, reliable IAP data
TDD Thoughts from WWDC 2021
- Is Xcode Cloud Ready?
- Who's the target audience for Xcode Cloud?
- On Testing with Async/Await
- Combine vs Async/Await
- How to expect failures in Xcode 12.5
- Testing Repetitions
TDD, SwiftUI & Combine
- Why do TDD now in Swift?
- Difficulties adopting it later in project
- TDD in SwiftUI vs UIKit
- Isolating Systems with TDD
- What are the different types of Test Doubles?
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.